Lord Vishnu Ten Avatars – It is believed based on the interpretations from Hindu scriptures, Lord Vishnu self-incarnates at various stages of earth cosmic cycle (yugas) to bring ordinance whenever evil forces go beyond a tolerable limit.
Out of several views of avatar interpretations, I like the way how avatars are described related to life evolution characteristics in earth. Following are the avatars.
- Matsya – like a fish (initial life)
- Kurma – like a tortoise (life in water and land)
- Varaha – like a boar (disconnected from water, started living in land)
- Narasimha – like a lion (transition to knowledge; high in food chain)
- Vamana – short form (kind of Neanderthal; knowledge; wisdom)
- Parasurama – human form with axe, bow and arrow
- Rama – concept of King (society, community)
- Balaram – human form with plough and mace (civilization, farming)
- Krishna – intellectual dealing with politics, human weakness, life lessons, etc. (bhagavad gita)
- Kalki – (believed to happen in future) human machine
After 10 avatars, earth is believed to enter a silent phase / ice age / suspend state and again the life cycle starts and then the avatars from #1.
http://www.balagokulam.org/kids/stories/dashavatara.php (in this article, they have considered Buddha in the list instead of Balaram)
I was having a requirement to prepare a word document with lot of images for a training. It had lots of screenshots which doesn’t need to be in high resolution. Without any compression, the document was more than 10MB in size. After compression, it reduced the file size to less than 10 MB. Following 2 pages will help in achieving it.
In Android, some devices are allowing to view contacts stored in SIM. But in Google standard version of Android, it is not encouraged and I couldn’t locate an option to see the SIM contacts.
That is the same case with Windows Phone to the best of my knowledge. I haven’t come across a Windows Phone which shows contacts in SIM as well. So, if you are moving to Windows Phone from Android then you have 2 options.
You can try using the Windows Phone app ‘Transfer my Data’.
Else if your new Windows Phone is unlocked / no restriction of using existing SIM then insert SIM and do Import contacts from SIM.
If there is a restriction of SIM, then you can export the contacts from SIM to a Google account, then upload the contacts in CSV and import the contacts from CSV to Microsoft account. Following link explains the steps.
If you have contacts in VCF file then please use Windows Phone Contacts+Message backup app. Install the app, take contacts backup, replace the backup stored in phone with your vcf file (keep the file name same as backup) and restore the contacts backup.
I read about a person (Prahlad Jani) who is living without food and water for 50+ years. I was curious about the feasibility and came across the concept, breatharianism. Good concept to understand (fasting is time bound but breatharianism is forever). Wikipedia has good explanation and couple of other websites has more details. As mentioned in a website, humans needs practice to reach the final state (current state, vegetarian, vegan, raw foods, fruits, liquids, and then prana). Time taken to final state depends on individual (every human is unique). There are several explanations like prana, liquid light, life air, etc. and there are religious explanations as well from various religions. There are instruments commercially available to extract water from air, probably people following prana may get liquid sustenance through air.
Anagram (from Wikipedia) – An anagram is a type of word play, the result of rearranging the letters of a word or phrase to produce a new word or phrase, using all the original letters exactly once; for example, the word anagram can be rearranged into nag-a-ram.
This YouTube video explains in detail. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVGNs-DAzfc
This code project gives source code for Anagram. http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/251749/Really-Simple-Anagram-Solver
When I got an alert in my inbox that I am reaching the mailbox quota set by my company, I did some cleanup of my Inbox, Sent Items, cleaned deleted items, Junk, sub-folders, etc. When I checked mailbox usage size again after allowing sometime to synch with server, I was not convinced of the resultant mailbox size shown because per my emails, the size showed was more. So, I checked ‘view mailbox size’ in ‘Mailbox cleanup’ option under File menu. Realized that Calendar was taking more than 100MB in size. I couldn’t figure out a better way to see the calendar items alone and delete it. After some search using bing, figured out from a website that one of the calendar view will help in achieving this. Following is what I have done.
- Open Calendar in Outlook 2013
- Browse to ‘View’ tab
- Click ‘Change View’ in ‘Current View’ group in ribbon (first group) and choose ‘list’ option
- It will list all the calendar items in your mailbox like a list (without any calendar view)
- If attachment column is not visible, add it with the help of ‘add column’ option
- Sort the items with attachments
- Select and delete all the old calendar items than the current (or) delete the calendar items with attachments (or) remove attachments from the calendar items if you want to save the calendar items for future reference. This gave back more free space to my mailbox.