When I heard about Amazon Alexa, I wanted to understand more about it. So, attended a free Amazon bootcamp through hackster.io website promotion. I liked it. Based on the instructions and template, I was able to create some 3 skills and got it certified from them (certification process took close to a week after submission). Feeling happy. Following is the process.
- Understand the Alexa skill process, watch a sample video (http://bit.ly/alexafactvid)
- Develop the function for your skill and upload the same in AWS portal
- Create your new skill with invoking intent and sample utterances
- Self test the skill using http://echosim.io (echo simulator if you don’t have the device)
- Tune the lambda function powering your skill and the speech utterances
- Submit the skill for certification and wait for them to review and promote to live (correct the review feedback and resubmit if necessary)