When I got an alert in my inbox that I am reaching the mailbox quota set by my company, I did some cleanup of my Inbox, Sent Items, cleaned deleted items, Junk, sub-folders, etc. When I checked mailbox usage size again after allowing sometime to synch with server, I was not convinced of the resultant mailbox size shown because per my emails, the size showed was more. So, I checked ‘view mailbox size’ in ‘Mailbox cleanup’ option under File menu. Realized that Calendar was taking more than 100MB in size. I couldn’t figure out a better way to see the calendar items alone and delete it. After some search using bing, figured out from a website that one of the calendar view will help in achieving this. Following is what I have done.
- Open Calendar in Outlook 2013
- Browse to ‘View’ tab
- Click ‘Change View’ in ‘Current View’ group in ribbon (first group) and choose ‘list’ option
- It will list all the calendar items in your mailbox like a list (without any calendar view)
- If attachment column is not visible, add it with the help of ‘add column’ option
- Sort the items with attachments
- Select and delete all the old calendar items than the current (or) delete the calendar items with attachments (or) remove attachments from the calendar items if you want to save the calendar items for future reference. This gave back more free space to my mailbox.