In Seattle, Bullitt foundation constructed a new building which runs fully on self-generated energy with the help of many partners like University of Washington Integrated Design Lab, Cascadia Green Building Council (Urban Ecology Partnership). This is The Greenest Commercial Building in the world. http://bullittcenter.org/ has the full details about this project in downtown Seattle. This building has storage for rain water (self sustainability) and wastewater treatment plant onsite. If you happen to visit Seattle, please do visit this building once. This building is being constructed to meet the goals of living building challenge (http://living-future.org/lbc).
- “World’s greenest commercial building” opens in Seattle (gizmag.com)
- Bullitt Center Called ‘Greenest Building’ On Earth Day (earthtechling.com)
- The Amazing Bullitt Center: Part Three (slog.thestranger.com)
- ‘World’s greenest office building’ now open (smartplanet.com)
- Super green Bullitt Center opens in Seattle (seattletimes.com)
- Look Inside the World’s Greenest Office Building (discovermagazine.com)
- Seattle’s Bullitt Center Opens Today as World’s Greenest Office Building (pbs.org)